Welcome Center for international doctoral students
Welcome to Rostock University
The University of Rostock welcomes you as a guest at our University, either as an international doctoral student, postdoctoral student, researcher or scientist.
The Welcome Center provides personal support for planning and organizing your research stay and time here in Rostock, regardless of whether you stay for a month or several years.
We would like to be the initial point of reference and the central information point for you and your family. We want to help with well-directed assistance at the preparation stage and with the realization of your stay in Rostock in all practical matters.
The Welcome Center is part of an already existing network of other service facilities of the University and external partners. Thereby you will be supplied with the latest information and developments that relate to your life and work in Rostock.
We offer a wide range of welcome material with information about the university and the city. We help with personal conversations and individual plans, for example opening a bank account, taking out the right health insurance contract, searching for accomodation and so on. We stay in touch with you during your time here.
We wish you a pleasant and successful time in Rostock.
Formalities after arrival
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- assistance with all bureaucratic formalities
- Escort service to all authorities and offices
- Assistance in matters regarding work or grant contract
- Advice on and support with all further formalities such as health insurance and banking
- Arranging for access to the IT- and Mediacenter
- Help for enrollment into a doctoral programme
- Advice on how and where to apply for ongoing finances or funding
Service during your stay
- Coordination of family reunions
- Advice regarding a balanced work and family life
- Support for your partner in continuing his/her professional or accademic career
- Support with finding child care
- Assistance in finding schools in Rostock and the region
- Information on German language courses (Language Center of the University of Rostock and Study in Germany e. V.)
- Information regarding cultural events, sport activities, discussion groups, etc.
- Regular newsletter
Services at the end of your stay
- Support with all formalities before departure
- Advice on future funding opportunities
- Alumni support